We Support Local!
We understand the importance of supporting businesses local to the New Brunswick area.
Supporting local businesses contributes to the health of your local economy; significantly more money stays in a community when purchases are made through a local business versus a national one.
- Local businesses are more likely to utilize other local businesses such as banks, service providers, and farms.
- Independent retailers return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales to the community in which they operate than chain competitors.
- Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
In addition to helping build the local economy, there are also notable intangible benefits that come from supporting businesses in your local community.
- Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors! They care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.
- Local businesses are more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to non-profits.
- Supporting local businesses is good for the environment because they often have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.